1748074 Members
5278 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No int 13 drives to support, No Bios Installed, No Logical Drives found

seanie
Occasional Contributor

No int 13 drives to support, No Bios Installed, No Logical Drives found

I have a HP Proliant ML 310. I have just purchased 2 x 72 gb SAS HDD. I booted into Smart Start and I get the error 'no configurable drives found'. The I spoke to HP and they gave me some raid drivers for windows 2008 server, however when I try to run the set-up process it says that my drivers are not supported for the hardware.

When I try to boot into the array configuration it tells me there are 'no drives detected'. I get 3 messages when the system is booting:

no logical drives found
No int 13 drives to support
No bios installed

I have basically run our of options and I'm appealing to anyone who can help with this issue as I would really like to get this machine humming along.

Can someone give me some details as to what I need to do in order for the server to recognize the drives and let me install the OS?

Can I disable the array controller just to get the OS installed? if so what are the steps?

I'm wanting to run Windows 2008 sever with raid 0 or 1 ( not sure which I need for 2 drives)

Sean
3 REPLIES 3
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Have you tried to use embedded Array Configuration Utility during boot (use F8 key to run it during boot)?
seanie
Occasional Contributor

Hi There,

I have tried the array configuration utility. The fact that there are no drives recognised makes it impossible to configure an array.

Any other ideas?
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

seanie, can you please tell me p\n of disks you have bought and p\n of your server? And one more thing: it can be a firmware issue - have you tried to boot from Firmware Maintenance CD and upgrade all firmware including raid controller?