1753924 Members
9435 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

No server Prompt after Dismount Sys

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

No server Prompt after Dismount Sys

C.I.M. reports Server status OK (green) for our Server. However the problem that we have with the Server (since half a year ago after a power failure) is that when we try to dismount the SYS volume to run VREPAIR/V_LONG we don't get a server Prompt. In spite of that it is possible to run VREPAIR/V_LONG and there are always vrxxxx.fil and vrxxx.LNG files created in the root directory. After running VREPAIR/V_LONG for the second time no errors are found. But we can't mount the volume because there is no Prompt. So we have to bring the server DOWN and Up again. After that the vrxxxx.fil file is always corrupt. After dismounting SYS again there is again no Prompt and running VREPAIR/V_LONG has the same outcome over and over again (also when we have deleted the vr*.* files from the root directory before that). As far as I know there are only original Compaq components in the Server. De D.A.A.D. utilty reports nothing wrong and we have updated all software and ROMPAQ's (green in CIM) and recently we installed Novell Support Pack 9. The performance of the server seems to be oke and stable.Can anybody help me out here ?
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: No server Prompt after Dismount Sys

Is the only problems you're having is with vrepair ?
If the system is running without problems why are you running vrepair ?
May be the problem is with the vrepair utility itself.
Have you tried talking to Novell ?