cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No video with SIS6326

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

No video with SIS6326

The video card that originally came with this Compaq was removed and has mysteriously disappeared. I bought a PCI 8MB with a SiS chipset on it. I put it in to one of the PCI slots (tried 2) and the card just doesn't put any output. I noticed another user posted the same message, but didn't get any responses.

Anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: No video with SIS6326

well, probably of no help really. i have a nearly virgin pr800/200 (single 180MHz p-pro). graphics card is in slot 6 (pci slot above the two isa slots). card is stenciled stb systems inc and carries a cirrus logic chip (CL-GD5440-J-QC-B is that the id number needed ?). has a huge 1MB of ram standard but is upgradeable to 2! cannot see if it uses an irq. anyway, try slot six. looks like these machines are real dogs for video problems. when i try an old matrox millennium i get a scsi controller error. so until i can see a list of video cards that work in this box i guess i'll just have to suffer in vga and svga resolutions.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: No video with SIS6326

um, that should be slot 5... there are only 5 pci slots in this computer. i should pop the cover before i post. :o)