1752805 Members
5604 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Noise Problem DL360

Egbert van Veen
Occasional Contributor

Noise Problem DL360

We are waiting for more than two weeks now for a solution. According to the info provided on febr. 4h. by the EMEA productmanager, this should be availabale in ~2 weeks but we have not seen anything yet! Please hurry or we will have to take back the DL360's delevered to our customers.
9 REPLIES 9
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Egbert,
The problem wasn't stated above.
Is this concerning fan noise?
Any details would be appreciated.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Egbert van Veen
Occasional Contributor

Hello Mark,

It is indeed regarding the noise produced by the fans of the DL360. I just heard that an updated Softpack will be made available next monday.

Egbert
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

I see what you are referring to. I made a few calls and I am waiting for a response for an exact date.

Mark
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Egbert,
The release is out today.
Here's the link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/17306.html

Mark
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

We are having the same problem. Updating the ROM does not fix it (have tried the one stated above and the latest one). I have set switch 3 to off (in fact tried all the switches set to off), installed everything I could find from Smart Start 6.2 and 6.3, cleared the NVRAM, torn some of the rest of my hair out, even swapped the system board.

The problem is on two separate servers for separate costomers and neither will not except delivery until the problem is fixed.

Am I missing something here?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

What is the temp like where there are currently installed? Have you called in on this issue yet?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

The ambient temperature is about 19 degrees, so well below the 25 degree threshold.
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

Yes it has been logged 3551064RE
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

I've just been speaking with HP and discovered that the fans, which are a lot noisier than previous Proliant models, are in fact running at their slower speed.
We proved this but placing a piece of card behind the fans to deflect the air and allow the CPU to warm up. Low and behold the fan speed increased to a very noisey level.
I'm still not very happy with the level of noise but as HP say they are designed for rack mounting within a computer room and people should not work in computer rooms!!