ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753426 Members
5083 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Re: Not able to update FW (Windows x64) for HPE Mellanox Ethernet only adapters using smartcli

Thiyagu1093
Occasional Contributor

Not able to update FW (Windows x64) for HPE Mellanox Ethernet only adapters using smartcli

Hi Team,

We are trying to update firmware (SPP) using smartcli on linux machine.

We are able to update firmware using Rest API. but when we are trying via smartcli we are not able to update fully we are facing bellow error,

Name: FW (Windows x64) for HPE Mellanox Ethernet only adapters
State: Exception
Result: The update failed with a component specific error. Retry the update after remedying the component error.
Installable by: UEFI BIOS, Smart Update Manager or Smart Update Tool
Start Time: N/A
Expiration: Never

can you please suggest us the solution?

Thanks,

Thiyagu

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Not able to update FW (Windows x64) for HPE Mellanox Ethernet only adapters using smartcli

Hi,

Why using Windows firmware for Linux?
What is the Mellanox adapter model/part number that you are using?

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Thiyagu1093
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot for writing back!

Please find our answers here:
1) We tried the below option for updating all the firmware components using smartcli from linux machine with below command, we observed that "HPE Mellanox Ethernet only adapters" has been moved to Exception state.
sudo ./smartupdate -s --target 10.1.213.131 --user "admin" --passwd "admin" --use_location "/home/nutanix/mnt_test/packages/" --romonly --logdir "/home/nutanix/nithya/"
We are not sure why Windows Firmware is being used to update this Mellanox ethernet card.

2) Model used: HPE Eth 10/25Gb 2p 640FLR-SFP28 Adptr
Would you be so kind to resolve this Mellanox card issue/skip this component while updating all the firmware components via smart cli command?

Thanks,

Thiyagu