5162 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Not authenticated

Christian Schmetz
Occasional Contributor

Not authenticated

Hello,

I have installed SSD Kingston on DL360 G9.

This drive is not authenticated, i can understand...

I would like that the led amber on front of the server don't blink ... 

Is it possible to disable this alarm?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Not authenticated

Hi,

The alarm is working as designed, i think its not possible to disable an alarm, it may cause issues when some other hardware goes bad and there would be no alarm.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mlasidab
Frequent Advisor

I think that is related with the tray Version. What Raid controller are you using in this system?

If I am not mistaken you have two options:

1. replace the tray/carrier for a newer version (I think above 4.0.0.6)

2. Downgrade the Raid Controller firmware to disable that warning. I can not remember the right version you need to use.

Let me know, thanks

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Did you install the SSD with an original HP frame or not?
I have tried the same and when the SSDs (Samsung) are installed with an HP disk frame, the "not authenticated" error will diappear.

We first used some "after market" frames (probably chinese copies) that produced the same error. Then I replaced the frames with some from defective drives (original HP) and it worked.

If you just want to get rid of the yellow LED indicator, you could try to put some insulating tape over the frame contacts. This will disable all LEDs.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
TQ12
Frequent Advisor

We encountered the same problem.
Our non-HPE branded SSDs were also reported with this stupid warning and yellow steady LED: "Oh, you are not using HPE SSDs, this could affect your overall experience".
Then we replaced the trays/smart carriers with ones with revision numbers 4008 and 4009, before we used trays/carriers with revision number 4002, and the warning was gone.
I wonder what the tray in particular has to do with it!?