1753786 Members
7694 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Novell and Broadcom in ML110 G3

Arvidsson Leif_1
Occasional Contributor

Novell and Broadcom in ML110 G3

When installing Netware 6.5 in a ML110 G3 the installation stops at the identification of the network adapter.
The adapter is not autodetected and the installation procedure asks for the appropriate driver. The B57.Lan is selected (manually) and I get the following messages:
"The following driver instance failed to load and will be deleted: z:\drivers\B57.Lan Frame=Ethernet_802.2 Name=B57_1_E82"
and in the logg:
"Adapter not detected".

I have just beside this server another ML110 (G2) where the adapter is the same, but an earlier version (in the G3 the version is v8.1.53) and it runs without any problems.

Any ideas on how to get pass this problem will be appreciated.

Leif Arvidsson
3 REPLIES 3
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Novell and Broadcom in ML110 G3

Have u tried refering to hp.com and the driver put up there?

Link-
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23476.html

Shall try the installation myself in about a 3 days - shall post the results.

If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Arvidsson Leif_1
Occasional Contributor

There is a new driver but I had some difficulties to get it onto the installation sequence. I made a new image (using the ISO download from Novell) of the installation disk with these files replaced but there seems to some other problem with this.
There is no floppy in the system and I have to set up a dual set of congig.sys and autoexec.bat to get access to the CD to just copy the files.

Then I just noticed, as I decided to put in another NIC (PCI) the the notch i the PCI connecot was in the wrong end (the connector turned 180 degrees).

One starts to wonder.

Leif Arvidsson
Arvidsson Leif_1
Occasional Contributor

The (new) driver downloaded from HP.com
However the system did not have a floppy and hence an image of the installation disc was downloaded from Novell. This image was updated with the driver and the burnt on a CD.
When the installation procedure asked for the driver the original CD was replaced with the one one (which was not bootable).

Problem solved.