ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753774 Members
7071 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Obtaining a single-port 72GB 10k SAS (2.5) - for DL360 (G5)

JBA-Philip

Obtaining a single-port 72GB 10k SAS (2.5) - for DL360 (G5)

One of our mirrored drives has failed and I'm tryinf to get HP to replace (under CarePack etc.) the drive. However, every drive they are sending (with and without an engineer) is labelled the same as the one thats failed - but (get this) .. its a dual-port SAS.

Generally with a lower capacity, consequently the mirror will not pick up :-( .

Does anyone else have this problem ?
[or am I special!]
2 REPLIES 2
TTr
Honored Contributor

The dual port drives will work in a single port drive bay but if the drive geometry is shorter, that's a problem. The mirror will not rebuild because the source drive has more drive sectors that the destination. Raise that as an issue with HP and escalate the problem if you have to.
Other than that, you can look into utilizing the new drives that they have send you by setting up a new mirror pair (if you have empty slots) and set up new LUNs/partitions to migrate your data over.
JBA-Philip

Thanks TTr,

This pair was the boot disk for the server, so establishing a new mirror would require re-installing the OS (yes?) rather than just pushing the files off the 1/2 mirror that's running.

I think I'll try to escalate this within HP, it seems a rather drastic measure to take, for a small component, and one that will impact the downtime. We may be a small company in their grand scheme, but this sort of [engineering] behaviour does not put HP in a good light.