108762 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Old Compaq ML370 - original series

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Howard_2
Occasional Contributor

Old Compaq ML370 - original series

I wanted to know if a Smart Array 6404 controller will work and function in this server. I am going to attach an fully populated HP MSA30 expansion unit on this just for testing purposes to simulate a customer install. It's a single PIII server-866Mhz and 1.25 GB Ram. If this server is too old, then I need to know, so I can see about getting an newer Proliant ML series in place to do the testing.
ignorance is a dangerous thing !
4 REPLIES 4
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Brian Howard,

I would recommend you to use a newer Proliant ML server. Smart Array 6404 is not recommened for the G1 and G2 servers. And the server you are referring is G1 server.

Please check the SERVER COMPATIBILITY list:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/compatability-matrix.pdf

:)
Rajashekar Chintakunta
Honored Contributor

Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

hi brian,

SA6400 features:
64 bit, 133 MHz PCI-X PCI Bus (1 GB/s maximum bandwidth) 3.3 volt PCI compatibility only (not supported in 5 volt PCI slots)

SCSI Protocols Supported: Ultra320, Ultra3, Ultra2

Qucikspecs/specifications ML370:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10493_div/10493_div.HTML

so either u buy a 53xx Controller or a new Server which supports the SA64xx Card

Cheers

so it might be work with
Brian Howard_2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for the information. It definitely answers my questions about the older G1 ML370 and it's compatibility status for this controller.
ignorance is a dangerous thing !