5363 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Onboard Video problem

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Onboard Video problem

Onboard Video Card

I am unable to get the onboard video card to work on my ProLiant 800 Server. I can only use the 640x480 or 800x600 setting at 16 colors(not 16bit). I have downloaded the ATI IIC drivers from your Proliant 800 support page's Display section, but it still does not work. When I install the ATI IIC drivers it actually gives me the option to use only 2 colors in the Display Properties, then it gives me an error saying that the video card drivers I installed cannot find the hardware. It will then default back to the "vga compatable display driver" and i'm back where I started.

Thank You for your help,
-Alex
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Onboard Video problem

You might want to go into the BIOS and ensure that VGA Resources are enabled for the onboard video controller (it is possible to have them disabled even though the onboard controller is enabled). Also make sure that the motherboard DIP switch for the video controller is properly set to enabled.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Onboard Video problem

Hi,
I have the same problem eith my Proliant 800, When i applied the nwe driver form compaq web, my screen gone to black. Did you have any reason ?
TX

Lev