1753936 Members
9398 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Operating System not booting.

metalaarif

Operating System not booting.

Hi,

I recently purchased HP DL320e Gen8 Server and I did purchase 4 X1TB hard-drive. And I really wanted to use RAID either RAID 1,5 or 10. The HP default Smart Array Controller is "Dynamic Smart Array B120i". 

Now, once I fixed everything and turned on my Server, I did press F5 to enter AUC (Array Utility Controller) and created 2 Logical drive using RAID 1. Once I rebooted it did show my 2 Logical Drive. I wanted to install Linux OS and I did install but I saw 4 drives instead of seeing only 2 drives. However, I installed Linux OS but my Linux didn't boot. 

Now, I removed 2 X1TB HDD and went AUC and created only 1 Logical drive and installed Linux but to no avail, I couldn't boot it. 

Now, I remove another 1TB harddrive and now I only have 1 TB harddrive. I went to AUC and deleted logical drive or array. Installed linux OS and still its same, I get stuck at

Boot from Hard Drive (C:)

Now, I don't know what I should be doing, I have tired different Linux OS (Slackware, Ubuntu) none of them worked. I am thinking that maybe I need to disable "Dynamic Smart Array B120i" and enable normal "SATA Drive" so that I can install Linux and then boot it normally.

Please if someone cloud help me, I have been in server room for past 3-4 days to no avail.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved fromStorage > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum MOderator

1 REPLY 1
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor