4626 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Operating system deployment software HPE servers

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Operating system deployment software HPE servers

Hi.
I'm searching for a Operating system Deployment software. HPE used to have Rapid deployment which was replaced by insight control server provisioning. There was also an appliance software which i can't remember the name of that replaced insight control server provisioning. Is there any software out there from HPE that deploy/provision operatingsystems to HPE servers mainly windows server.
Best Regards
//Mattias Cederberg

2 REPLIES 2
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Is there noone that knows if HPE offers anykind of Server deployment software like HP rapid deployment or Insight Control server provisioning? Is using third party software the only solution?

Best Regards
//Mattias Cederberg

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There are indeed some options...

Forget RDP (based on Altiris), gone since quite some time...

ICSP could still be an option, is a virtual appliance that can deploy physical servers (only)...

However there are more options, for instance the Synergy platform has a physical appliance called Image Streamer that can be used for OS provisioning inside the frames, of course not an option for DL or ML servers...

HPE delivers now also more and more software code to give you full flexibility for OS deployment. Look here for more details by using for instance OneView...

https://github.com/HewlettPackard/oneview-osdeployment

This is always when you need to deploy plenty of servers. Know that the Intelligent Provisioning software inside any Proliant server with ILO4 and ILO5 will help you as well with OS deployment.

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !