4996 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Orange Health light on DL380 G3

Artic6
Occasional Contributor

Orange Health light on DL380 G3

All,

I have a problem with a DL380 G3, the problem is that the health light on the server is ornage, however I can see no failed or failing hardware on the server, all the PSU's are connected and I cannot see any internal components un-seated or damaged.

I am running Windows 2003 Standard Edition with SP1 though this will not make a difference, I thought I would let you know.

I have checked the IML log and there are no failed entiries in the log also I have run Insight Diagnostics to find no errors with the system.

So far the server has not crashed and the system has not performed a BSOD

This is a critical server and I have a feeling that booting the box will remove the LED but cannot just perform a rebbot "just in case" any Ideas???

Regards,

Lee Croucher
4 REPLIES 4
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Lee,

Is it the internal or external health led?
If there are 2 PSU's whats the leds on them?

SRH
Artic6
Occasional Contributor

The server has 2 PSU's and both green LED's are illuminated, it is the heatlh light that this Amber not the PSU LED
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Well, there is a internal health and a external health led.
Since it was easy to check the external leds,i wanted to know if its a PSU issue.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00354029&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=397206#N10012

SRH
Iain McCracken
Frequent Advisor

Have you got insight manager on server if so have a look there it might be you have a memory dimm that is giving ecc errors Which it can correct but when it passes the threshold it can be replaced by HP as prefailing