ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748246 Members
2920 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Outdated firmware through Intelligent Provisioning (DL360 Gen8).

kkpro
Regular Advisor

Outdated firmware through Intelligent Provisioning (DL360 Gen8).

Hi,

Tried to update firmware through HP Intelligent Provisioning on DL360 Gen8. All firmware is outdated there. Some even older than current. Latest SPP has newer versions, so updated through it.

Just curious, what's and where's wrong.

4 REPLIES 4
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Hi,

HP ProLiant Gen8 servers and their installed hardware options are pre-loaded with the latest firmware, but updated firmware might be available. Intelligent Provisioning updates can be performed when an SPP update is available.

First, check the Intelligent Provisioning version, click the System Information icon and check the Intelligent Provisioning Image.

To update IP and cmponent frmware:

1. Select Firmware Update in the Perform Maintenance window
The system searches for firmware on the source configured in the System Software Update settings. While the system is retrieving the data, click More or Less to show or hide search details. If desired, download and copy the SPP ISO to a DVD or USB key.

2. After the system retrieves the firmware data, it checks the installed hardware components to suggest items to update. Depending on the search, you might be prompted to click Continue to begin the hardware components check.
This might take a few minutes; wait for the display to generate the results.

3. Check the items to update, and then click Install.
The table is redisplayed, with only the selected items listed

4. To install all of the listed components, click Continue.

5. If you are ready to perform the installation, click Continue at the warning. After each component is installed, a green check is automatically placed in the left column next to the component name.

6. After all components are installed, click Back to return to the perform Maintenance page.

You can also reinstall Intelligent Provisioning instead of using the Firmware Update Utility to ensure you have the latest version.

Regards,

kkpro
Regular Advisor

Thank you for reply, I updated Intelligent Provisioning to verison 1.40 (the latest now), but it doesn't help - still showing an outdated firmware.

Seems to be someone at HP forgot about this...

Riandie

I got the same problem. I want to update this, is because we have a scenario where i have 2 disk in the machine and ACU doesn't see the disk.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Riandie wrote:

I got the same problem. I want to update this, is because we have a scenario where i have 2 disk in the machine and ACU doesn't see the disk.

As I commented in your other post, the B120i doesn't see the disks because they are SAS, the B120i only supports SATA.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!