1753480 Members
4881 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P400i Smart Array Controller Warning Message

ServerEngineer
Occasional Advisor

P400i Smart Array Controller Warning Message

I have the below warning message in the server DL360 G5 Model. AS per the message below "The array controller has automatically written, or has attempted to write, this data to the drives." It should've been done already right? Why the reset or powercycle is rquired? and how do we do it? Please help.
Code:771 Smart Array P400i in Embedded Slot had valid data stored in its battery/capacitor backed write cache the last time it was reset or was powered up. This indicates that the system may not have been shut down gracefully. The array controller has automatically written, or has attempted to write, this data to the drives. This message will continue to be displayed until the next reset or power-cycle of the array controller.

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: P400i Smart Array Controller Warning Message

Hi, as far as I understand it you do not _have_ to do anything. But that you will see this error until the server has been rebooted.

If you do see this problem even after a power cycle - something else (bad?) might be going on.
ServerEngineer
Occasional Advisor

Thank you.Let me try that once;Last time i remember the server was rebooted unexpectedly. This battery is recently replaced.
To add that i ran a diagnostics test on array controller and i did not find any errors as well.
Could you please explain how to do the power cycle or reset of array controller? Is this something like "clearning the configuration" which will have impact on data?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Just restart the server ;)
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

And no, that should not cause any problems for your server. Especially as you did not find any errors in the diagnostics it should be safe to restart the server.