Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P410i driver for Linux

Alfonso Bistakis
Occasional Visitor

P410i driver for Linux

Hi,
I've trying to install RHEL 4 Update 5 on a Proliant DL360 G6 server.
I know that this version of Linux doesn't support the controller, so I've created the driver disk, first from the SmartStart CD and when this failed downloaded the last DD file posted in HP site. I had to get a USB floppy drive in order to do this.

My issue is that the controller is not recognized during the driver disk load option before Linux installation.
Do you know some other way to get this installation completed?

I am aware that the P410i is supported from RHEL 4 Update 7 but the product we need installed there is not compatible with that version.

Thank you in advance,
Alfonso
4 REPLIES
Raymond raj
Occasional Visitor

Re: P410i driver for Linux

I have also same problem , is anyone solved this issue?
Raymond raj
Occasional Visitor

Re: P410i driver for Linux

I've installed RHEL4.5 recently in Proliant DL380 G6 server and server array controller is P410i , after long analysis and different methods I tried, got below solution.

First installed cpq_cciss-2.6.20-23 driver from DD and then selected install media is hard drive(I put it RHEL4.5 iso to usb stick)

PS: when I choose install media is cdrom every time it's asking the "Drivers.." after choosing "cpq_cciss-2.6.20-23" also.
Pierre31
Occasional Visitor

Re: P410i driver for Linux RH 4; extract cpq...i686.dd files?

Hello;

I have the same problem. I have took the cpq_cciss-2.6.20-34.rhel4.i686.dd from HP site;

Then, I have made a floopy disk with dd command and try to install the Proliant with linux dd command

I have the message

"failed to open /tmp/drivers/pci.ids : no such file or directory" in VT

In main screen: "No device of appropriate type were found in driver disk" (RedHat warning red screen) :smileysad:

I have think to "extract" files from cpq_cciss-2.6.20-34.rhel4.i686.dd file, them put the missing file (pci.ids) and then make a new .dd and at least a new floppy.

But how to extract files from .dd file?

If it's not possible,  could you explain a little more your method:

// First installed cpq_cciss-2.6.20-23 driver from DD and then selected install media is hard drive//

but when did you do that? What is DD if we do not seen HD ?
PS: when I choose install media is cdrom every time it's asking the "Drivers.." after choosing "cpq_cciss-2.6.20-23" also//

when? where?

Thank you very much for your help

I dont know how to continue

Pierre S.

Raymond raj
Occasional Visitor

Re: P410i driver for Linux RH 4; extract cpq...i686.dd files?

Hello

Put it dd file in usb stick and  install DD from usb (I think in this way I done it but I'm not remembering whole things!!!)

After installing cpq_cciss-2.6.20-23 also you could not install RHEl4.5 from CD/DVD .. put it RHEL iso in usb stick... and proceed .. make sure real installation happeneing in hard disk not usb..both mount points look like same.

I think in this case usb work as hard disk

regards

Raymond