ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751965 Members
4603 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

P440ar Controller in ERROR status and Accelerator - Wrong Cache Board Attached error

SOLVED
Go to solution
idavenport
Occasional Advisor

Re: Query: P440ar Controller in ERROR status and Accelerator - Wrong Cache Board Attached

The firmware link appears to be broken, can you confirm and send me the correct link?  Or tell me how to find it online?

Thank you kindly,

Ian

ksram
HPE Pro

Re: Query: P440ar Controller in ERROR status and Accelerator - Wrong Cache Board Attached

Hi @idavenport ,

Good day!

The links seems to be good. Tried on different browsers and verifed.

Software Details | HPE Support Center
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_e72e09a823154db2bd8dc779aa#tab-history

Check again if you are able to open now.

Or you can go to > support.hpe.com
Search for the Controller Model number > Select the Operating System and filter the options (Firmware) and you will get the results with the requried links.
Check the Revision history and download the latest link.

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

idavenport
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, yes the link is working now!  I think it was related to the AWS outage a couple of days ago.  I will try it out.

-Ian

ksram
HPE Pro

@idavenport 

Great!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

idavenport
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I am not sure how but after a reboot everything started working.  Drives and controller are showing up without errors now.

Maatroskin
Occasional Advisor

@ksram,

Hello.

Can you help me about my question?

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Maatroskin 

Please try using the below Battery : 

878643-001 96 W Smart Storage Battery - One battery pack provides Flash Back Write Cache (FBWC) for all the drive controllers in the server - Connects to the system I/O board, 145 mm (5.7-inch) long cable.

Make sure the Cable and Controller seated properly.

Monitor and share the observations. If issue still same may be we will have to look for Controller replacement.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

Maatroskin
Occasional Advisor

@ksram, hi. Thanks for the answer. But as I wrote in a previous post:

I bought and installed a  new battery with part number p01366-B21 - spare number 878643-001. But, as I understand it, the server cannot determine this battery, because the battery with the old part number is displayed in the ilo.

Also I followed the following steps:

1. Shutdown the system,

2. Reseat ILO after power on.

But no result.