7642 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P800 Is In a Lock-up State

Kevin Keller_2
Frequent Advisor

P800 Is In a Lock-up State

Hi,

I have a dl380 G5 using a Smart Array P800/512MB attached to a MSA70, using a 2M SAS cable (407334-003). When I try to bring up the server I get P800 Array Controller is in a lock-up state due to a hardware configuration failure. How can I clear this error? I already pulled and reseated the card. I also reseated the memory card. I don't care about the data on the MSA. The server is being rebuilt. Thank you.

-Kevin

4 REPLIES 4
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: P800 Is In a Lock-up State

hi,

You can try to clear the NVRAM and to update the bios and the controller FW.  Check also in another slot if possible. If the issue reamains after that, you should replace the cache or the controller or both.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Kevin Keller_2
Frequent Advisor

How do you clear the NVRAM on the board? I couldn't find it in the documentation. Thanks!

-Kevin

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Locate the system maintenance switch on the systemboard (you can use the top panel fo the server) and set switch 6 (S6)  to ON position. Start the server and let it boot.

Power off the server and set the switch back to OFF. Done.

Your bios settings will be reseted to default.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Kevin Keller_2
Frequent Advisor

Ah, I was thinking there was a NVRAM on the controller. I was thinking about the NVRAM on the server systemboard. Thank you, I'll give it a shot!

-Kevin