ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)

P840 controller and cache battery connection

SOLVED
Go to solution
LehcimB
Visitor

P840 controller and cache battery connection

I pulled a P840 from a ProLiant G9 along with the cache battery backup. These are usually hooked up through the main board, so the problem is when you want to run them outside a ProLiant, the cables don't match so you can't directly connect the battery to the cache.

Is there a way to convert this or do I need a different battery?

https://imgur.com/a/ULlg3Hs

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: P840 controller and cache battery connection

There is no such standard option or long cable to connect this 96W battery outside.

In Gen9 there is a dedicated port, behind the drive backplane where you place this battery and connect into the system board connector.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

LehcimB
Visitor

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear, the P840 has no battery backup option whatsoever if not installed in a Gen9 (or up)? Not even with a different battery?

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro
Solution

This controller is supported with Gen9 only, and as per quickspecs 96W battery is only supported option available.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo