cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCHealth lamp orange

Göran Törnqvist
Occasional Contributor

PCHealth lamp orange

The PC health lamp is orange on our DL380 G3 server. When I check the System Management Homepage it says Failed & Degraded Items: none. How do I find what the problem is?
Is the only solutions to open the box up and see inside?
4 REPLIES
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: PCHealth lamp orange

If you are referring to the internal health LED on the front panel, a orange or amber light means there is a message (informational or a possible problem) logged to the IML (Integrated Management log. This log can be viewed from the System Management HomePage (select the LOGS tab).
On occasion nothing is found in the log, in which case you would need to pop the server and try to locate any amber or orange LED on the system board. But normally you do not have to do this.

Note: The internal health LED has the EKG-like squiggle with a box around it. The external health LED has the squiggle but no box.
Göran Törnqvist
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your reply.
Yepp, its the internal health led.

In the Integrated Management log I find a STOP error and a "Corrected Memory Error Threshold exceeded (System Memory, Memory Module 3)" message.

Could it be a problem with the memory module? Replace it with new one?
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Since it does say "exceeded threshold" then yes, the DIMM should be replaced. To submit a case to HP you can do this electronically - go to the home page of the ITRC and select the Support Case Manager (SCM) tool. Otherwise call 800-474-6836 and say "DL380" when prompted.
Göran Törnqvist
Occasional Contributor

ok, thanks...:)
Talked to HP and they´re sending me a new DIMM...