ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751854 Members
5582 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PCI Bus Error (Slot 0, Bus 0, Device 15, Function 0)

PCI Bus Error (Slot 0, Bus 0, Device 15, Function 0)

Hi

One of my servers have the tendancy to restart, by it self, and then showing this error in the Integrated Managment Log PCI Bus Error (Slot 0, Bus 0, Device 15, Function 0).

It normaly happens just before or just as the backup starts. So I'm thinking that is where the problem lies. Does this error indicates a PCI card, in Slot 0. If so how can I determine what is in slot one. All I have to use is Insight Manager and I can log on remotely to the Server(it is a Win2k server).

Thanx in advance.

Regards

Pieter
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

All devices with Bus 0 ├в on board Components
You need to verify System ROM Updates

An additional components reset recommende

Just to dubble check...
System ROM Version: 2003.10.31
I need to justify the necesity to update. The ROM version is really old so, is updating that essential?

And also "An additional components reset recommende" means what? I'm not to familiar with the hardware, new job and all that.

Apr 11, 2005 12:25:04 GMT
------------------------------------
All devices with Bus 0 ├Г┬в├В ├В on board Components
You need to verify System ROM Updates

An additional components reset recom
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Hi Mr. KOV

Thanx for the information and the help, it seems like I do need to do the updates. Which is now being planned.

However if I may ask, after playing around with Insight Manager I was able to identify Slot 0, Bus 0, Device 15, Function 0, as IDE Controller Id[11660212]. Does this mean the IDE Controller is busted, need replacement and all that?

Thanx again for the information and help

Regards

Pieter
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

If you track down to IDE Disconnect any Devices, or if Cd ROM makes sure is CS, Try to Update at least System ROM, if Possibly clear NVRAM, if you have any additional IDE controllers remove them.
If your server is G1 Run F10 for system Configuration and Update. If F9 Clear NVRAM restore defaults. A problem with bus 0 sometimes requires system board replacement.

Enough info to keep me busy