1752587 Members
4301 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PCI Pasthrough of Embeded PCI Devices On ML350

pdg4eva
Occasional Collector

PCI Pasthrough of Embeded PCI Devices On ML350

The following workaround exists to passthrough pci device on the ML350 Gen 9 ==> https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04781229. I am able to passthrough pci devices on all physical pci slots.

How do I successfully passthrough embedded pci devices?  I am trying to passthrough the embeddedHPE Smart Array P440ar to a VM.

Currently I get the following error;

Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement. Contact your platform vendor

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: PCI Pasthrough of Embeded PCI Devices On ML350

Hi,

As per the advisory it shows the below resolution which does not include smart array controllers:-

RESOLUTION

For a subset of configurations, PCI device assignment can be enabled on systems affected by this change. The resolution requires a specific ROM update, configuration and in some cases a NIC firmware update. Configurations that can support PCI device assignment include:

• HPE ProLiant Gen8 and HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with GPUs
  • HPE ProLiant Gen8-series servers with HPE PCI network adapters using Intel Ethernet controllers or third-party NICs
  • HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with HPE network adapters using Intel Ethernet controllers
  • HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with HPE NICs using Mellanox ConnectX3 Controllers
  • HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with third-party NICs

However if you still want to enable or disable HPE Shared Memory Features for P440ar then please follow below steps:-

Log into System Utilities>>System Configuration>>BIOS/Platform Configuration>> Scroll down and select P440ar >> HPE Shared Memory Features Enable/Disable option is available here.

What Enable and Disable of this feature does:-

Enable / Disable usage of reserved memory regions to allow direct assignment of device to guest virtual machines.

Regards,

Bunsol.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo