ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI Pasthrough of Embeded PCI Devices On ML350

Occasional Collector

PCI Pasthrough of Embeded PCI Devices On ML350

The following workaround exists to passthrough pci device on the ML350 Gen 9 ==> https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04781229. I am able to passthrough pci devices on all physical pci slots.

How do I successfully passthrough embedded pci devices?  I am trying to passthrough the embeddedHPE Smart Array P440ar to a VM.

Currently I get the following error;

Device is ineligible for IOMMU domain attach due to platform RMRR requirement. Contact your platform vendor

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HPE Pro

Re: PCI Pasthrough of Embeded PCI Devices On ML350

Hi,

As per the advisory it shows the below resolution which does not include smart array controllers:-

RESOLUTION

For a subset of configurations, PCI device assignment can be enabled on systems affected by this change. The resolution requires a specific ROM update, configuration and in some cases a NIC firmware update. Configurations that can support PCI device assignment include:

• HPE ProLiant Gen8 and HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with GPUs
  • HPE ProLiant Gen8-series servers with HPE PCI network adapters using Intel Ethernet controllers or third-party NICs
  • HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with HPE network adapters using Intel Ethernet controllers
  • HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with HPE NICs using Mellanox ConnectX3 Controllers
  • HPE ProLiant Gen9-series servers with third-party NICs

However if you still want to enable or disable HPE Shared Memory Features for P440ar then please follow below steps:-

Log into System Utilities>>System Configuration>>BIOS/Platform Configuration>> Scroll down and select P440ar >> HPE Shared Memory Features Enable/Disable option is available here.

What Enable and Disable of this feature does:-

Enable / Disable usage of reserved memory regions to allow direct assignment of device to guest virtual machines.

Regards,

Bunsol.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo