1752805 Members
5657 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PCI bus parity error pci slot ?

CPEBAR
Advisor

PCI bus parity error pci slot ?

i have DL 360 G4 give error (PCI bus parity error pci slot ?) directly after i start it, it didn't load so cannot upgrade firmware and cannot enter BIOS!!
i tried new memory module but still same - directly give me (pci bus parity error pci slot ?)
i have no PCI cards on this server

and suggestion?
3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: PCI bus parity error pci slot ?

Hi,

Two things you can try.

1) Its a DL360 G4 server, is there a PCI Riser board/cage, if YES, try removing it or reseat it.

2) Clear NVRAM from "System Maintenance Switch" switch# 6

If none of these work, see if these is any health led red/amber on the front and also if there is any Amber led on the system, which indicates a HW failure.

Thanks

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

if you get the error on POST, I would get a replacement board. Can you get into setup F9 and reset to default. See if that clears the error or use the jumper to clear the board.
CPEBAR
Advisor

thank you all
s u m a n i when i remove the PCI Riser cage the server didnot start and give red light on the front (interrnal error sign)
and i reset switch# 6 but still same , error is during post(cannot enter setup) so i'll take Mr. Michael suggestion and i'll replace the motherboard and w'll see then;;