1748251 Members
3677 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PL1600 POST pass problem

wlaszi

PL1600 POST pass problem

Hi everybody,

I hope somebody has more experience than me, beause I lost all my ideas to solved this situation:

Few days ago, my Proliant 1600 "sandbox" server droped my ssh session, and has got no reaction for console commands. I have to reboot it. After this, I don't see the POST screen.
No POST message, no beeps, nothing. The fans spinning, the array controllers flashing normal, HDD tray's LED flashed for a second, the IMD panel show only the fimware/model number...but I have got no boot screen on the monitor.

What I've tried already:
- I've tested both CPU
- change the VRM moduls (in one cpu mode)
- drop out all extension card from I/O board
- Disconnect my HDD cage
- Changed all of memory modules
- clear cmos/nvram with the DIP switch

Somewhere in this forum I've read to switch the I/O DIP switch to 1-4-5-6 ON mode...with this I've got 2 long beeps at the boot, but nothing else.

What I missed? What can be the problem? How can I know what should I replace? (I/O board,Processor board, Backplane, VRM, PS...)

My machine specifications are here:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/maintenance_guides/179480-001_rev3_us.pdf
(2x550Mhz CPU and 4x128MB memory, SA-221 + full loaded disk cage)

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

It is possible that the video is bad. You could disable the onboard video and put another card in.
Just a suggestion.
Mark
wlaszi

certainly not, I test it with a PCI vcard also...
Yesterday I replaced the PSU...nothing changed.

4 thing remained: I/O board, Processor board, backplane or both VRM. Too many variation :/

wlaszi

It's "solved": today I can test all part on an another machine and the conclusion, the Processor board dead...rest in peace :/