108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PL1600 will not detect network card

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nigel_13
Occasional Advisor

PL1600 will not detect network card

Hi all, not been here for a while. We are a school and working with a donated old network for students to play with (which they have been doing!!!) Problem - system is not detecting network cards. Have made certain that it is not a software issue by downloading drivers from the support site. We are running NT4 sp5, in the devices section in control panel some (devices) are disabled. How can I find out what device codes might be pointing to the network card and then I could try enabling something? Any help appreciated.....we are only learning very slowly. Regards Nigel
4 REPLIES 4
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Which network card you have. Since the card is installed any error information reported under IML.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Nigel,

The embedded NIC on the Proliant 1600 is a Netelligent 10/100 TX model, it's driver name in the control panel is Compaq Netflex-3.

Please see attached image taken from the control panel drivers section and the Adapters tab within the network properties.

Be aware that you can also disable the NIC within the BIOS so use the system configuration utility or F10 to check that it is actually enabled.

Please make sure you have installed the correct driver from the support site (see link below).

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/11100.html

I hope this helps,

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Sorry,

Image attached now.

Brian
Nigel_13
Occasional Advisor

Well, what a result! Thanks Brian, your image led us straight to it and cured our little problem.

Again thanks to all, what a service for us novices as well as the experts.

Kind Regards

Nigel