1748213 Members
3094 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PL1600R - El Torito Hard Stop

Andrew Stafford-Brown
Occasional Advisor

POST details show 392Mb. From what I can gather, it is all supported Compaq memory (will check). Never had this problem in the past using SmartStart, only just recently. This server is a test server and constantly being tried and tested for new IT people in the dept. so they understand Smartstart and configuring arrays.
Michael Saurman
Advisor

I just had this issue today, I cleared the NVRAM via the systemboard switch and my issue was resolved. I know this is late and your server was probably thrown out the window by now but its here for future references.
Corey Laymon

Had the same Swap Error Code 13 and after reading this board, reset jumper S6 on the Perifpheral board and everything is working great. Thanks for the help!
Dean Malandris_1

I know the original post was over 2 years ago, but as someone else said, I'll add something now for the record. I just picked up a Proliant 7000 and decided to fire it up even though it didn't come with any hard drives, just to play with SCU and perhaps set the messages on the LCD while I was waiting for the hard drives to arrive later in the week. Much to mu surprise, I too, got the "Retry El Torito" error message. Now I knew the CD was good, because I used it last week to build a firewall out of a 1200, so I reasoned it was having a brain fart because there were no hard drives in the machine.

So I pulled a drive at random from the 1200, plugged it into the top bay of the 7000, and lo and behold it fired up and ran SmartStart normally.

Andrew Stafford-Brown
Occasional Advisor

This server was systematically butchered for spare parts and the case went out the window. Thankyou for all your support and have taken onboard all your comments. Never had this issue with any other HP/Compaq server in the LAB.
Andrew Stafford-Brown
Occasional Advisor

Manhy Thanks everybody
Archilles Castillo
Occasional Contributor

I know this is an old post but I just want to bring to your attention that clearing the NVRAM (did twice) didn't work for me - at least on the ProLiant 1600 server that we have. Took one CD-ROM drive from ML370 (Gen1), plug it on PL1600 and the SmartStart 5.50 booted like a dream.

We are basically a Compaq/hp shop but I don't like the fact that only Compaq CD-ROMs will work on their machines. That's how I see it!

Regards, Archie