1752782 Members
6166 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

POST ERRORS.... Help!

Mike Hofford_1
Occasional Contributor

POST ERRORS.... Help!

I'm not too sure if this question has ever been asked but can anyone point me in the right direction in getting an explanation of POST ERRORs? I keep getting "Post Error: 177 - Configuration not complete Controller order not setup" in the IML. Is there a listing of Post Errors? Any information will be a great help.
4 REPLIES 4
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: POST ERRORS.... Help!

Mike,

You need to run the System COnfiguration Utility from the SmartStart CD or floppy

Here is the link for creating the floppy.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Mike Hofford_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response but... this server was just reloaded about 2 weeks ago with Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Insight Manager agents 5.30, (I know what you are thinking but that is a whole other issue). When I was finished I turned the server off. Then three days ago the server was reinstalled at the original site and started. It was at this time I recieved the POST ERROR. Could it possibly be the system board battery?
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

- Reboot Server and Press F10
- Run System Configuration Utility
- Check the Controller boot order then save it and reboot the server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Mike,

If this is a DL360 G1 server with 800Mhz CPU or slower then get the power supply replaced.

Compaq spare part number is 173828-001.

You can check for affected PSU's. They have the following Revision 01 date codes. This only affects DL360 G1 models as stated above.

C0026, C0027, C0028 and C0029.

Regards,

Brian