3881 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: POST Error: 1785-Drive Array not Configured

Keven Tipping_6
Advisor

POST Error: 1785-Drive Array not Configured

Greetings to all.

I recently installed a P800 RAID controller in an HP ML350 G5 server (purchased in 2k8).

The internal RAID bay cables were re-routed to the P800 controller. The system boots just fine and performance is very good.

My issue is that the onboard E200i controller is now complaining that nothing is attached to it. Every time the system reboots, I get the following error in the IML logs:

"POST Error: 1785-Drive Array not Configured"

This is a testing & dev system, so it gets rebooted fairly often.

I cannot seem to find an option to disable the E200i in the RBSU, nor can I press F8 to enter the ORCA utility for the E200i (it doesn't display the "Press F8" message when there's no drives attached). Likewise, the SmartStart ACU doesn't give me any relevant options on preventing this error.

Does anyone know how to disable the E200i, or otherwise /prevent/ this error from occurring?

Cheers.
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

that's not an error

it is by design that controller says it has no drive attached and consequently no RAID configure

there is nothing to worried about
it won't affect your server performance during testing phase or production phase
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
jorgus
Advisor

It's anoying though when you get alerts every reboot and the server status changes to warning in SMH/HPSIM. Our customer also has a similar configuration and every reboot we get email alerts that there were POST errors. Unfortunately there's no details in them so we must check every time what's going on. Alerts should alert of relevant problems. If something is not an issue, no alerts should be generated then.

Any way to prevent these POST errors from occuring?
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

filter alert events..
jorgus
Advisor

Hi,

After checking I see the alerts are actually coming from the server itself (event notifier), not from the HPSIM (can't find them in HPSIM events). Can they be filtered in the event notifier? And I would like to be warned of other possible POST errors.