5320 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: POST Error: 1792 and Trap message: Accelerator Board Bad Data

Brad Donison

POST Error: 1792 and Trap message: Accelerator Board Bad Data

I've seen posts and answers here about the POST error:

POST Error: 1792-Drive Array Reports Valid Data Found in Array Accelerator

Looks like a firmware upgrade is helpful here, but I also heard mention of a possible cause being power loss or shutdowns. I am also seeing Trap messages and sometimes several reboots of the server. Nobody is performing the reboots so the Proliant seems to be doing it itself. The trap messages we get are:

Trap-ID=3039

Accelerator Board Bad Data, slot number : 1.
Accelerator lost battery power. Data Loss possible.

Is this a bad power supply, faulty board, bad UPS??? Any ideas on how to stop these Traps, log messages and all the reboots?
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Error 1792 usually comes up when there is an unexpected server shut down due to power failure or some other reasons. While the server is up and running data transanctions are created and flushed to the HDDs before the system shuts down. If you continue receiving this message then try updating the firmware of Array controller. If not then log in a support call and have the controller replaced. Mind you all the array configuration info is stored on the HDDs locally so you dont need to worry about loosing data.

Have a nice day!
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

:D
Brad Donison

Thx!

If it is unexpected server shut downs that are causing the 1792 errors, what is causing the unexpected server shut downs?

Can a thermal condition cause these reboots. I don't see anything in the logs that indicate some sort of exception that caused a reboot.

The Intergrated Management Log shows the following errors occurring often on the same days as the unexpected reboots, but not at the exact same time, nor the same number of entries as reboots.

System Power Supplies Not Redundant
and
System Power Supply: General Failure (Power Supply 2)
and
System Power Supply: General Failure (Power Supply 1)

To test the power supplies, we unplugged one of the power cables to see if the reboots still occur.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Is this system still under warranty?

Call for it ,i do not think it is you re powersupply ,but closer inside the system board.

Have a nice day!