ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752806 Members
6167 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

POST Error 1792 on DL 580 G2

Dan_224

POST Error 1792 on DL 580 G2

I am receiving a POST Error on a Compaq ProLiant DL 580 server which I cannot seem to track down. The error is: "POST Error 1792-Drive Array Reports Valid Data Found in Array Accelerator". Can anyone give me an explanation of this error or point me in the right direction to get one. Thanks in advance for your help.

-DB
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: POST Error 1792 on DL 580 G2

Hello Dan,
Error 1792 usually comes up when there is an unexpected server shut down due to power failure or some other reasons. While the server is up and running data transanctions are created and flushed to the HDDs before the system shuts down. If you continue receiving this message then try updating the firmware of Array controller. If not then log in a support call and have the controller replaced. Mind you all the array configuration info is stored on the HDDs locally so you dont need to worry about loosing data.

Regards,
Ted A
Occasional Advisor

From the service manual, page 246:
1792-Drive Array Reports Valid Data Found in Array Accelerator...
...Data will automatically be written to drive array.
Audible Beeps: None
Possible Cause: Power was interrupted while data was in the array accelerator memory. Power was then restored within several days, and the data in the array accelerator was flushed to the drive array.
Action: No action is required. No data has been lost. Perform orderly system shutdowns to avoid leaving data in the array accelerator.

View the source here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_338615-001/TPM_338615-001.pdf
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

I've seen this on 3200/4200 controllers with out of date firmware running Windows NT. I haven't noticed it on 2000/3 which could be because most the servers also had the firmware updated.