ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748211 Members
4690 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400 - DL38

opoplawski
Occasional Advisor

POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400 - DL380 G9

Purchased a used DL380 Gen9.  On boot it shows:

POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400. Action: Restart system. Contact HPE support if condition persists.

Tried two new replacement batteries (815983-001) with the same result.  BIOS and iLO is up to date.  Anything else to try or am I out of luck?

2 REPLIES 2
opoplawski
Occasional Advisor

Re: POST Error: 313-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Battery Shutdown Event Code: 0x0400 - DL38

ssacli reports:

Cache Board Present: True
Cache Status: Permanently Disabled
Cache Status Details: Cache disabled; battery/capacitor is not attached

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Please follow the steps on the link below:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000019604

Have you tried updating the storage controller firmware? 

Were the pevious replacement Smart Storage Batteries good known?

If issue persists after replacing multiple SSBs, then issue could be with the battery connector on the system board. I would advise you to get a support ticket logged to get the issue isolated. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo