3409 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

POWER SUPPLY SHOWING AMBER LIGHT

cpradip1069
Advisor

POWER SUPPLY SHOWING AMBER LIGHT

hi
i have HP prolaint ML530 server has two power supply.two of which one showing amber ligh.
What i do.

Worm regard,
pradipchaugule
7 REPLIES 7
Prabhulj
Valued Contributor

Re: POWER SUPPLY SHOWING AMBER LIGHT

Hi Pradip,

Amber light indicates that the Power supply status is degraded.
Please check the Integrated management log from Programs>Hp system Tools> Integrated Management log to check the status of your power supply.
May be you can try to re-seat the Power supply to check.

Regards,
Prabhu
Prabhulj
Valued Contributor

Hi Pradip,

Amber light indicates that the power supply is in a degraded state, Try re-seating the power supply to check if it helps.

Regards,
Prabhu
cpradip1069
Advisor

hi prabhu,
i already reseating the power supply,its worked for one day but second day it again show amber light. i take help of HP tech support they said me send the offline dignosis report,but i dont know about offline dignosis and how i can take it ?

regard,
pradip

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

for the offline diagnostic (insight diagnostic offline)

you should have the SMARTSTART CD you have to reboot the server with this CD and that will give you the option to make the offline diagnostic

but I think if you see that the Power is degrading again(ask for another), but if the you want to be sure you just need do the IML which inside in the HP Tools in windows of course if you installed Proliant Support Pack

see the attached file
The IML (Integrated Management Log) will report all the errors including POST Errors so you will see what's happening with the power supply

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

for the offline diagnostic (insight diagnostic offline)

you should have the SMARTSTART CD you have to reboot the server with this CD and that will give you the option to make the offline diagnostic

but I think if you see that the Power is degrading again(ask for another), but if the you want to be sure you just need do the IML which inside in the HP Tools in windows of course if you installed Proliant Support Pack

see the attached file
The IML (Integrated Management Log) will report all the errors including POST Errors so you will see what's happening with the power supply

regards

cpradip1069
Advisor

hi karlo,

Thanku for help.i used your procedure and send log to hp.by seeing log hp send me power supply.i changed the powersupply and now it not showing amber light.

Regard,
pradip

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

thank you for your feedback

dont forget assign points

regards