1753701 Members
4927 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PROLIANT 1600R SERVER PROBLEMS

brollyson

PROLIANT 1600R SERVER PROBLEMS

Nov 28, 2006 14:48:36 GMT Unassigned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proliant 1600R quesitons

I have a Proliant 1600R Pentium II computer that I used for quite awhile as a domain server and it worked pretty well. I had another one that had the 2 processors in it. I changed things out and somehow really ditched the whole system. Can't even get it to boot now. No video comes on the screen when i start it up. When i plug the CD rom in it does not operate at all. I'm at a loss what to do here. I would appreciate any guidance on where I can start to get this thing back online and operational. its a decent server for what I used it for. Anyone else had a mess like this ? Thanks much.
3 REPLIES 3
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: PROLIANT 1600R SERVER PROBLEMS

Sounds like a power supply problem. I would try reseating everything, CPUs, memory, connectors, PS to try and fix any bad connections.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

arrh, the good old 1600R...

yep, used to happen to me all the time --- the CPU cage is a bummer to shut and just make sure it is closed properly. At one point, it was so sticky I had to make it face down and gently apply my body weight on the cage (so you've got the picture).
Learning never ends
brollyson

I'll give those suggestions a try. I worked on that thing for hours and was just about to pitch it out the window. I still might! It seems to come on ok power, led's on drive cage, etc. Just no video -- like it sticks. Sounds like it just might be the CPU cage area. I'll let you know in next few days. Thanks.