ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753437 Members
4951 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PROLIANT 380 G6 CRASHES WHILE INSTALLING WINDOWS

DUSHYANT_5

PROLIANT 380 G6 CRASHES WHILE INSTALLING WINDOWS

HI I AM FACING A PROBLEM WITH THE BRAND NEW DL 380 G^ server which recently came to my company for installation for lerning purpose i formated it and now i tried more then 10 cds of windows server 2003 enterp0rise as well as standard when it reches to installing driver in windows setup it crashes .i am using the hp support pack 2.5 and 2 both the same what shall i do to fix the issues please suggest
i tried to change some bios setting and disabled the network cards no help i tried to disable all the extra devices but no use .i am installing in the smart arry.
what shall i do to fix the issue it will be highly appriciated if suggested please help me
thanks and regards
Dushyant singh
dkchandail@gmail.com
dkchandail@msn.com
d.chandail@alrai.tv
3 REPLIES 3
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: PROLIANT 380 G6 CRASHES WHILE INSTALLING WINDOWS

hmm from this page select your os then from next page select
firmware maintenance cd 8.6

update all firmwares by booting from the cd

important now remove everything extra from server bring it to min config and reseat all dims use min amount dimms too

also remove cache and battery from the raid controller

now boot from the software cd rom 8.3 it is also called smart start cd 8.3

follow the prompts and install the os

it it installs fine thats good

then use same software cd in windows to update all drivers insert it in windows and u will get the prompt to update drivers etc do this ,

now if alll is okay smile if not boot from thesoftware cd rom and run diagnostics post it here i will check

also run off line array diagnostivs i wil check it and let me know if u have one or too cpu installe d, also post eventsin iml log here too you can se iml log whenyou boot from smart start cd or access via ilo port on back of server..enjoy

if same issue please post serial number of server here

:)

This is how we thank each other in the forum
its for all who contribute in assisting

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)

You must be logged into the forum to assign points.

If you are logged in then all of the responses will have a "Points" window at the top right. Enter the points here.

When you have assigned all of the points, THEN click on "assign points"

marcus1234
Honored Contributor

DUSHYANT_5

HI
sorry i was unable to follow the instruction cauz the server was taken from me and given to our it department and was demorlized
sorry i have bad days now a days and just working as a normal guys .
thanks and regards
Dushyant