1748011 Members
4649 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PROLIANT ML310 G5P & HP Smart Array P400 Controller

Mauro Miotello
Occasional Advisor

PROLIANT ML310 G5P & HP Smart Array P400 Controller

I've one server HP ML310 G5P (515867-421) with four HD Sata HP 458926-B21 Hot Swap connected to internal Sata Raid controller.
I want to add a new controller and looking here:link to HP
I've found HP Smart Array P400 Controller (405132-B21) but in very bad HP docs there's no trace of cable code need to connect this controller with internal backplane.
Someone know this cable code ?
Thanks for help
Blondie 

8 REPLIES 8
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: PROLIANT ML310 G5P & HP Smart Array P400 Controller

ML310 G5 went end of life June 2009

When it was still a shipping product, the Quickspecs listed the cable

HP SAS Cable ML310 G5 460310-B21

NOTE: Any Smart Array Controller requires the purchase of the HP SAS Cable ML310 G5 (460310-B21).

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Mauro Miotello
Occasional Advisor

and i can use 460310-B21 to connect 405132-B21 controller to my Array Sata backplane ?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

From the Quickspec:

The HP ProLiant ML310 G5 supports Serial ATA (SATA) and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives. Models described as SAS models include an 8 port HBA that supports both SATA and SAS hard drives in non-RAID, RAID 0, or RAID 1 configurations. Models described as SATA/SAS support SATA hard drives standard and require the installation of an HBA or controller to support SAS.

Mauro Miotello
Occasional Advisor

I just have SATA drives and i want to use an enhanced controller, which one i've to use ? and which cable ?

Sorry if i ask again but i need to be sure before order products..

Here an HP Consultant said me to use this site: http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=405132-B21 but i've found cables..

Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Attached is a copy of the Quickspecs

Mauro Miotello
Occasional Advisor

I'm thinking to stop to re-sell HP because tech support is very low and pre-sales support is lower !!

Jimmy, thanks for your message but i've no found a code of cable with certainty.

In italy the support pre sale of HP does not take the responsibility to give me a product code for the cable, they have only sent me the same technical sheet in which it does not find this code ! HP is dying ??

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Have you looked in the ML310 service and maintenance guide? This has parts as well, and sometimes pictures.

If you're lucky you might find a video of it here: http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html
RobertSabelis
Occasional Advisor

I totally agree with