1753781 Members
7587 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSP 6.3 update to 7.4

Eric_388
Occasional Advisor

PSP 6.3 update to 7.4

In order to install W2003 SP1 we are upgrading from older versions of Proliant Support Pack (PSP) to version 7.4.
On one of our testmachines a PSP process didn't respond (Cp005413.exe) for 1.5 hours. We killed it. After this we discovered that drivers got updated but agents not. Even after a reboot. In c:\windows\system32\cpqmgmt we see version 7.40 for agentver.dll. In CqMgHost, CqMgStor and CqMgServ some files got updated while others didn't (check on date-time stamp 22-07-2005). Manualy updates of the PSP (bp000247.cmd, setupc.exe) didn't help either. The log cpqsetup.log isn't giving any clues. We distribute the PSP with SMS2003.
Questions we have are:
- what caused the mix of PSP 6.30 and 7.40;
- can we safely upgrade from any older version PSP to 7.40?
- How can we resolve this situation;
- Is it possible to distribute this software via SMS or do we have to do this with CIM/SIM?
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Eric:

You can try re-installig 7.40. That should/might fix the mixed issue.

You should be able to go right to 7.40 from an older version. There have been some major changes, but they shold not hinder the install.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Eric_388
Occasional Advisor

Steven, thanks (again ;-)

We already tried reinstalling the PSP but this had no effect on the problem: agents stay on level 6.3.
Is there a way to clean the agents from my system? I than can try reinstalling 7.4.

Eric.
Paul Slater_4
Advisor

I had a similar problem. Froze on management agents. I worked around it by seperating the uninstall and new install with a reboot.
6.3/6.4 uninstall, reboot, install PSP 7.3, reboot.
Eric_388
Occasional Advisor

Paul,

thanks for your answer. But, where or how can I uninstall the agents. I can't find an uninstall.

Eric.
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

Eric, I would first do a force install of PSP 7.4 (click the check box to override newer or same version). If that does not work you can always do the same with PSP6.3.
Eric_388
Occasional Advisor

Thanks.

Yesterday I've found the uninstall file in Windows\System32\CPQMgmt\aguninst.exe (obvious). With this I could deinstall the agents and reinstall PSP 7.4. Now all looks ok.