ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753827 Members
8776 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSP 6.40 on DL380 G3 lost TCP/IP settings

Warren Walsh

PSP 6.40 on DL380 G3 lost TCP/IP settings

When installing PSP 6.40 on several DL380 G3 servers w/ NC7781 NIC, I've had the TCP/IP settings completely disappear. I've seen this on about 10 servers so far, and several coworkers report the same problem. ipconfig shows the correct settings, but the Windows GUI is blank. Entering the correct settings does not work. Network link light is on. The only thing that works is a second reboot after upgrading or installing the support pack. Typically upgrading from the 6.0 or 6.20 support pack where everything worked OK.

Anyone seen anything like this, or have any feedback?
2 REPLIES 2
Jens Baumann_2
Frequent Advisor

Yes, we had this exact problem (with several variations, like e.g. the NICs disappearing *completely* from the network settings and the HP configuration dialogue) on several of our machines when we updated to 6.40 recently. In all cases, the problems disappeared after a 2nd reboot. Another case where we were happy that all our machines have a RILO board or an iLO. In one or two cases, the teaming configuration somehow got corrupt and I had to completely dissolve and re-setup the network team. Typically, for every ten servers we updated, one had one of these problems.
Ian Matthews_4
Advisor

I had this problem when going from 6.3 to 6.4
solution was to re-install nic drivers and set up tcp/ip configuration again (ip adress subnet etec etc )