1752810 Members
5994 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSP 7.30 broke WS2003 SP1 AD Servers

Derek_31
Valued Contributor

PSP 7.30 broke WS2003 SP1 AD Servers

I pushed out PSP 7.30 to all my Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 servers this morning. Both of my DCs hung on boot up at the 'starting active directory' point. I let them sit for about 10 minutes and nothing happened.

So I rebooted them and selected 'last known good configuration' and eventually they came up. I'll go through the logs and see if I can find out why they got stuck.

My SQL, LCS and other servers seem to have rebooted just fine. The servers were running PSP 7.20 without any hitches.
3 REPLIES 3
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Can you provide the models of your two Proliant domain controllers? Including generation?
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

My problems with PSP 7.30, and this goes back to a year ago, begining with PSP 7.0, is that when it upgrades the NIC drivers and the Network Configuration Utility; About 20% of the time, it ends up breaking the network drivers.

After reboot, the NICs show up as disabled and cannot be re-enabled. I usually end up removing them from device manager, and doing a rediscover. It will find both NICs, drivers, and everything works again. This results in a loss of any Teams you may have setup and they will have to be recreated.
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

The servers are DL360 G2s. After the 'last known good' I re-installed PSP 7.20, rebooted, then re-installed PSP 7.30. After a couple of reboots with 7.30 the boot process appears to be normal. However, I am getting the following message:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Storage Agents
Event Category: Service
Event ID: 270
Date: 4/27/2005
Time: 7:55:31 AM
User: N/A
Computer: JOKER
Description:
The Storage Agents service could not terminate agent "CPQISCSI". The data contains the error code.
Data:
0000: 02 01 00 00 ....