108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSP 7.91 crashes ML370 G2 W2k3?

SOLVED
Go to solution
HSukirman
Advisor

PSP 7.91 crashes ML370 G2 W2k3?

I have tried the following with two different ML370 G2 already (SA 431). I installed W2k3 R2 (on one of the two even with SP2) and tried to install the latest PSP (7.91).

The HP SUM created write errors on one (Like: Cannot write Event Log etc.) and on the second I get a BSOD. I took the Firmware Maintenance CD 7.50 to make sure that both MLs are up-to-date. (FMCD 7.50 seems to be the latest for the ML 370 G2) This made no difference. I cannot install PSP 7.91. It works fine with PSP 7.80 though.

It is interesting to note that the errors are created even BEFORE any driver is installed! It seems that the HP SUM produces the error after or while checking the installed components.

Has anyone seen something similar - or has an idea what I could do?
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hello

what if you try setup.exe or setupex.exe instead?

just in case remove any attached device to the sever like storage,...?

as far as I know this is the location for the log (copy and paste in command line)
%SystemDrive%\cpqsystem\log\

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
HSukirman
Advisor

I have nothing connected to these two servers. I tried before with a different SA (SA 4200) but the errors were the same.

I tried also with setup.exe, setupc.exe and setupex.exe - all crash both systems.

Btw, I updated already even the firmware on all HDDs.

I can reproduce the same with PSP 7.91 / 7.90 but not with 7.80. 7.80 works just fine.

Any idea?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

I have an update try this and let me know

"
Download the PSP 7.91 and then extract the files.
Once the files are extracted look for file name: bp000344.cmd and double click on it.
The setup will run in a command prompt window.
Let the setup complete on its own."

Regards
HSukirman
Advisor

Hi Karlo,

That worked fine for me - Thank you very much! It seems to me that the HP SUM has a new bug in its latest version (since the PSP 7.80 version is working fine)

Once again thank you very much!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

as far as I know HP SUM does like a HW- SW - firmware discovery before continue with the installation

so the installation can not continue and it's been very common lately with 7.90 - 7.91 issue like yours and another like "Discovery Failed" message

so this file "bp000344.cmd" does the job without checking anything if you open the file (right click - Edit) that file goes straight to the point installing every component

Regards
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Would it be possible for you to attach the contents of the %TEMP%\hp_sum directory to this forum post? We are attempting to resolve as many of the discovery failed problems with HPSUM as possible and any information you can provide will help us do that.

I'm glad the BP*.cmd file worked for you. We provide that file as a fallback for any users that are unable to use HPSUM.

Any other information you can provide with regards to your server configuration when you executed HPSUM would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Garner
HP SUM Architect
HSukirman
Advisor

Hi Michael,

Attached you will find the contents of the HP_Sum directory. I deleted all content, then ran the setup.exe and waited for the BSOD. After the reboot I zipped the (newly created) content of the folder.

I can reproduce the problems on two ML 370 G2. One is W2k3 R2 and one is W2k3 R2 + SP2. Currently both use an SA 431 (one has it in slot 1 and the other has it in slot 3). I had the same problems when using an SA 4200.

Both G2's have different HDDs: One is filled with 9GB and the other one has just one 36GB and one 145GB.

I used the Firmware Maintenance CD 7.50 to upgrade all Firmware on both ML's (BIOS, SA, HDDs)

Do you need any other information?