ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752592 Members
3684 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSP 8.11 - Certificate Services error when NIC driver is installed??

Chris Stephens
Advisor

PSP 8.11 - Certificate Services error when NIC driver is installed??

Hey all,

I am experiencing a problem installing Windows 2003 R2 on a ProLiant BL460c G1 with both the 8.10 and 8.11 Proliant Support Packs. When the NIC driver, HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003, attempts to install, it pops up an error that holds up the PSP installation. The error is:

"An error was detected while configuring Certificate Services. The Certificate Services Setup Wizard will need to be rerun to complete the configuration. Certificate Services setup failed with the following error: INF file line not found 0x0000102 (INF: -536870654)"

This is a brand new installation of Windows 2003 R2 being pushed out with RDP. The Proliant Support Pack is ran via RunOnce on the first boot after the OS is installed. Certificate Services is not part of the install. Why is this driver invoking Microsoft Certificate Services??
2 REPLIES 2
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try installing that driver individually I mean take it execute the .exe in the OS if not extract the file and install it manually using device manager

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Chris Stephens
Advisor

Never mind. I tried this install like 5-6 times and the same thing happened every time. I was running into some other issues with an SP2 slip-streamed copy of 2K3 R2 (stupid plugin.ocx and npdsplay.dll, not updating the OS to reflect SP2 after the install, among other things) and decided to download a new VL copy from Microsoft with SP2 already built in and the Certificate Services error went away. Appears that SP2 doesn't slipstream so well into R2 RTM as I noticed other shaving the same issues after a few Google searches. All appears good now,