cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSP helps?

fongrx7
Occasional Advisor

PSP helps?

hi, after working on PSP for couple weeks, I ran into some issues for what I am trying to achieve here.

my goal: to install PSP on multiple servers like more than 40 so I can do some server metric measurements via PSP. and it seems like PSP requires interactive installation process.

1)I really hope that I don't need to install them one by one. any good suggestion here?

I removed one of the PSP components, like "hp-snmp-template" rpm, then tried to run the installation script to reinstall that RPM, then somehow, the "HP ProLiant Deployment Utility" popped out, while that didn't happen at the first time I installed the PSP. also, if I don't have the X connection, that tool would get hung. Since I am trying to automate the installation process, my question is:

2)how can I turn this GUI HP Utility off?

I noticed that there were few components failed to come up after the PSP installation, and also I noticed that there were some information that PSP can not provide. so I am thinking:

3)can we selectively install some PSP components, instead of all via the default installation script?

thanks

2 REPLIES
fongrx7
Occasional Advisor

Re: PSP helps?

I found some useful information within the PSP package. to answer my own questions:

1)./install815.sh -nui will install PSP without GUI

2)not all the components will be installed on the server, as the PSP has a smart enhancement to determine which components can be installed, and which is not.

3)it seems like that I may be able to create my own install script to only install what I want. the ./install815.sh will just install everything.

4) --inputfile option will let you install PSP without having any user interaction.

thanks
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Re: PSP helps?

fongrx7,
On #3, you can selectively turn off components by editing the bp000xxx.xml file that accompanies the PSP and at the bottom changing the install="yes" value to install="no". This will cause the installer to bypass these components.

Regards,
Michael Garner