7815 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PSP on ML330 - Unable to Install successfully

Benedek Frank
Advisor

PSP on ML330 - Unable to Install successfully

Hi,

I have an ML330 server which was working fine with the Proliant Support Pack until I removed it from being a Domain controller, joined it to a different domain. Now, when I start the HP Management Homepage, it will show my System as : Unknown.

And all the components of the server is not there anymore listed, like CPU, RAID5 array, etc. I can still launch the Array Management, and it works fine, but this homepage doenst show me the Degraded items, etc.

I went ahead and uninstalled the whole pack, and resintalled it, but the same. I dont know what I did last time when I got it right, but I remember it was a battle.

What do I need to make sure while installing the PSP on this server? I tried to choose the components as good as possible, and it installs with no errors at the end, however, still, System is Unknown.

Thanks for any help,

Ben

p.s. The PSP version is:

Proliant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 version 7.40B (English (US), Japanese)
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: PSP on ML330 - Unable to Install successfully

Hi,

You could try installing the latest PSP (7.70A) and see if that resolves things...

Cheers,

Rob
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Normally, in order to log in to the system management homepage for a domain controller you have to type something along these lines into the username field: DOMAINNAME\USERNAME.

Were you logging in locally previously? It's possible, since you were doing this on the new domain that the SMH is not able to get the domain info by default. I would agree with what Rob recommends.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Benedek Frank
Advisor

Hi

Thanks a lot for all responses.

I now have reinstalled 7.70 and I didnt choose components, I just installed it all. the following is what came out as error:

HP StorageWorks Fibr Channel Adapter kit
HP Version Control Agent for Windows
HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003

These failed to install.

When I log on to the Management Page, same thing, System Unknown.

This time it didnt ask me to logon, and it says on top-left:

Current UserL hpsmh_local_anonymous

If I click on Login, I am able to login with my admin user and pass

DOMAIN\USERNAME etc, but same, still showing unknown system.

What do I need to install, or configure to make PSP recognize my system?

Thanks

Ben
Benedek Frank
Advisor

Hi

Further to the problem, I would like to attach the schreenshot it displays when I log in to the Management Homepage. When I log on with Administrativ rights, as Domain admin, it still displays the same. System Unknown.

If there is anything I can do to repair it, please let me know,

Thanks

Ben