1752790 Members
6022 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PSP updates and lost servers SAN disk

mandg
Advisor

PSP updates and lost servers SAN disk

I have a DL360 with 2 SecurePath hba connections to our VA-7410 SAN. I began applying some PSP updates to the server and had issues (lost Ethernet connectivity and system hangs). When I rebooted to recover from those issues, I found that I lost the connection to the SAN. Here's what I know; The VA san is fine and the LUN assignments are still there. The hba connections show fine- led's look good and show connected in Insight. Device Manager shows the VA disks and they are enabled, however Disk Management will not show the disk- even after rescan attempts.

Has anyone seen this before? Are there some other things I can try? The most obvious (downgrading the PSP's) isn't a great option because I stupidly didn't record the original versions or those devies got upgraded.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Jesus Fdez.
Valued Contributor

Re: PSP updates and lost servers SAN disk

Hello,
You should also update the HBA, firmware and driver.

Thanks,
Jesus Fdez.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I've seen something similar when applying a PSP. You'll probably find that the drivers for the fibre card have changed from SCSIport to StorPort. Reverting back to SCSIport may well get things working.

You may have to uninstall/reinstall SecurePath as well...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
mandg
Advisor

Thanks for the reply's. I was able to get the issue resolved after a 2.5 hour support call with HP. Apparently, one of the PSP updates, titled "HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit for the x86 QLogic Storport Driver" contained an update to the physical hba fiber adapters- causing them to upgrade to version 9.1.3.16 (the Qlogic adapters). HP suggested rolling back to verison 9.1.3.11. After downloading and downgrading the adapter and then a reboot of the system, the disks re-appeared. It looks like I wont be updating those drivers anytime soon...