New Discussion юеВ

PSP7.60 installation on SLES 9 via ssh CLI

Robert Chiu
Occasional Contributor

PSP7.60 installation on SLES 9 via ssh CLI

Installation failed while installing with the command: ./install760.sh --nui

Here are some of the error lines displayed on the text screen:

Error Display 1:

A command, "/usr/bin/make -s -C ${KERNELSRC} cloneconfig >/dev/null", necessary to complete the installation of this component failed with error code 2: "No such file or directory"
/Installation of this component FAILED.

error: package tg3 is not installed

Error Display 2:

Installing:
"hpdiags-7.6.0-23.linux.i386.rpm" component.

Installation of this component FAILED because of an error in the RPM installation.

-error: package hpdiags is not installed

Would anybody please provide the PSP installation procedures and the prerequisites needed for the PSP 7.60 installation on SLES 9?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Re: PSP7.60 installation on SLES 9 via ssh CLI

Robert,
To resolve Error Display 1, you will need to install the C/C++ development tools (make and rpmbuild at a minimum) plus the kernel headers (kernel-headers RPM) to be able to build components from source.

I'm not sure what is causing Error Display 2. If you'd like me to take a look at it, I'll need you to post the /var/log/hppldu.log file to this post. It should show me what the issue is with the hpdiags component.

Thanks,
Michael Garner
HP PSP Development Team Lead
Robert Chiu
Occasional Contributor

Re: PSP7.60 installation on SLES 9 via ssh CLI

Thanks for your advice. I think I already have had the required software modules installed. Please find attached a copy of the log file Hppldu.log.

Moreover, when SLES 9 boots up in our DL320 G2 , I found an error message in the startup process as follows:

"Starting MPT Fusion (ctl) drivers fail"

Near the end of the bootup sessage display, another error message desplayed as:

"Failed services in runlevel 3 fusion,mptctl."

Please advise which driver software are required for the MPT Fusion device. Thanks.

Regards,
Robert