1753278 Members
5630 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSPs Update on Windows. How?

riva_gupta
Advisor

PSPs Update on Windows. How?

I have installed Windows Server 2008 with the help of SmartStart 8.70 B. Hence I got PSP of the version 8.70B

Now when PSP 9.00

(http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3716247&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3716246&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4024)

has been released, cannot I upgrade it using the SmartStart CD. Will I have to download them from the internet and then install them?

When I launch the HP Smart Update Manager(SUM) using the SmartStart 8.70 CD, I am not getting the latest versions of the softwares as on the internet, inspite of selecting the option(ftp.hp.com).

5 REPLIES 5
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Hi

Smart Start CD 8.70b has been released quite sometime back and doesnt have psp9.00 installed, PSP 9.00 has been released jst few days back and is only for windows 2008 , PSP 9.00 has to be downloaded separately and install it

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
riva_gupta
Advisor

I understand your point. But I wanted to know if we install PSPs using the HP SUM(I will launch HP SUM using the SmartStart 8.70B), and select to update the PSPs from ftp.hp.com. In this case, won't it pick the latest PSP's from the net. This way I would not require to download PSP 9.0

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt if that is possible , you can use VCRM to do it on multiple servers, download PSP once and use VCRM to run the psp on multiple servers

Goutham Sabala
riva_gupta
Advisor

I have PSPs installed using SmartStart 8.70B. Now when I am updating to PSP 9.0 , do I need to uninstall the old PSPs?
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

You dont have to uninstall PSP, just install the PSP 9.00 and it will update drivers and softwares, their is no HP tools that allows you to uninstall PSP and moreover PSP updates drivers and softwares which do not need uninstalling older PSP.

Hope this has helped

Goutham Sabala