4352 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

PSU Platinum Plus in Proliant DL380G6

glem
Occasional Contributor

PSU Platinum Plus in Proliant DL380G6

Hello,

I would like to renew 2 PSU in a DL380G6 Proliant server by 2x460W Platinum plus (PN 656362-B21). Unfortunately, this PSU item is not displayed as compatible with my server, but only with G8 generation. I understand the compatibility issue if I change just one PSU, ..... but what's happend if I change the two PSU ? Working or not ?

Anyone have an idea or experience ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Re: PSU Platinum Plus in Proliant DL380G6

Hi,

HP Common Slot power supplies share a common electrical and physical design that allows for installation into server and storage platforms with a Common Slot power supply bay. HP Common Slot power supplies are compatible with over 90% of HP ProLiant G6 and G7/Gen8 servers, as well as with select HP Integrity and HP storage systems.

Although the common slot power supply design is shared by a number of platforms enabling cross-platform power supply installation, HP has qualified select ProLiant, Integrity, and HP storage products to work with specific HP CS power supplies.

Please refer to the following document on Installation considerations with HP Common Slot power supplies.

Hope this information helps you.

Thanks & regards,

Lincy