ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753538 Members
4839 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PXE-E55 on DL360G3 trying to boot to W2K3 RIS server

Brian Hjelt

PXE-E55 on DL360G3 trying to boot to W2K3 RIS server

I'm trying to get a DL360G3 to boot to our RIS server. I have spanning tree turned off on the switch it's connected to, patch cable going to integrated NIC1. I can get desktop computers to boot to the RIS server from the same switch, but the 360G3 won't. I successfully receive a client IP, subnet mask, etc. but instead of being able to press F12 for network boot, I just get the error message:
PXE-E55: ProxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011.

We've traced network traffic and the correct info gets passed by the RIS and DHCP servers, and I know the RIS server works since I can boot desktop computers successfully using PXE to the RIS server.

I've updated the NIC firmware per SP23573 but that did not help, boot code is at v2.33 (7781 NIC). Also our DHCP server and RIS server are running on different physical servers, but on the same subnet. DHCP options 60, 66, and 67 are set appropriately.

Anyone have some insight as to what the problem is?
5 REPLIES 5
Christian Mentschik
Regular Advisor

hi,
we have the same problem.

christian
Tad Nall
Frequent Advisor

the problem is with the boot code with 7781. i have same problem. HP is working on boot code fix. for now disable card and use PCI nic after build renable card and run normal. I can't wait for the fix this is killing me.
Christian Mentschik
Regular Advisor

we deleted the entries in the DHCP-scope (60, 66 and67) because PXE and DHCP are on different servers. we put helper on the router and now it WORKS perfect.

best regards
christian
Bucky J. Koehler

Try changing the NIC from auto to int18h.
Paul_594
Advisor

If you are using VLANs a helper IP for the DHCP and one for the PXE boot server is required.