Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partition

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Partition

hi @all,

i make 2 partitions on 2 mirrored drives (200MB Quorum [disk q:] and 17... the rest of disk [disk e:], controller:qcr3500). in clusteradministrator i try to make a physical disk resource quorum and a physical disk resource for the rest. but its not possible, because no physical disk is available. in the proberties from the quorumdrive i see in parameters disk e and disk q. whats wrong?

Thanks for help!!!!!

PS: Excuse my bad english
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Partition

First, you should use the Compaq CR3500 Config Utility to make a Raid 1 (mirrored) array with 2 logical drives (200MB Quorum (Drive Q) and 17GB (Drive E)). Then, go into Disk Management and format the drives NTFS and do not convert them to Dynamic Disks. Now make sure both Nodes can see the shared drives and that the drive letters are the same on both nodes. Now shutdown Node2.

Now you are ready to install the Cluster Software from Node 1. When you go through Cluster install screens it will ask you which drive you want to designated as the Quourm drive...Drive Q in this case. Once the cluster software is installed, boot up Node 2 and Join the cluster you formed on Node1.

Now open the Cluster Administrator GUI and you will have Disk Groups with Physical disk resources (Drive Q and Drive E).