1752601 Members
4407 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Perfmon counters missing for DL380, BL20p, etc

Ben_121

Perfmon counters missing for DL380, BL20p, etc

Hello,

I'm not sure why but the "Network Interface" performance counter is gone after every reboot (or some period of time) on multiple DL380's and BL20p's on my network. After several itterations of using the Extensible Performance Counter utility (exctrlst.exe) to re-enable the counter it just disappears again. Does anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it? It making monitoring the network I/O with perfmon counter logs IMPOSSIBLE.

Ben
4 REPLIES 4
Jef Francis

sup ben,

any luck finding an answer for this? i've got the same problem on some, but not all, of my DL360's (of various generational flavors)

no big deal. i just thought i'd ask. till now, i thought i was alone in the univers with this one.

cheers.
jef
Herve_5

Same here, no network interface counters on any of the DL380 and DL580. All on Broadcom Gb interfaces...

We are now 3 in the world...

Herve
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Could it be the HP Management Agents?

Try this...

Go into Control Panel - Compaq (or HP) Management Agents.
Select NIC Information and make it inactive by moving it to the right side. This will stop the agents and SNMP then reload them again.
Check if you still have the problem after this.

Only other thing I can think of might be the Teaming driver.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Download and install exctrlst.exe from Resource kit from Microsoft web site. Mark tcpip and reboot the server See MS Knowledge base art 158874 or 152513 for background information.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible